My Cart


The Benefits Of Using Glass Bottles

Posted on December 10 2019

Many people around the world are asking the question, “Why choose a glass water bottle over plastic?” While there are many answers to this question, especially from an environmental and health perspective, many people simply assume that glass is always better. Glass bottles keep beverages colder and better tasting, they look elegant, especially when used for small batch fragrance or skincare ranges and they are much sturdier than plastic.

But what about the environmental and health perspective of glass bottles? Are they really better in those instances, and why? Let’s take a look:

From An Environmental Perspective

Every year, there are around 2.7 million tonnes of plastic used worldwide for disposable drinking bottles. Another 1.5 tonnes of plastic is used to create product dispensing bottles for the cleaning and skincare industries. When you consider the fact that less than 1% of all plastic is recycled, and the other 99% of plastics are incinerated or end up in a landfill, you can see why glass bottles are a much more environmentally friendly choice. Additionally, plastic can take more than 500 years to break down.

Glass bottles are one of the only packaging materials considered safe by governments around the world. Glass is made from all-natural, sustainable raw materials, it is 100% recyclable and glass can be recycled over and over again with no loss in quality or purity. That makes glass the clear winner when it comes to an environmental perspective.

From A Health Perspective

Some plastic bottles can contain harmful chemicals which can seep into the liquids inside them. This can be especially harmful for anyone sensitive to these chemical dyes or fragrances. This is because most plastics are made from a polycarbonate resin, not the natural materials that glass is made from. The chemicals in some plastic bottles has been shown to negatively affect reproductive organs, the heart and the prostate.

Another health benefit of choosing glass bottles over plastic is that glass is both taste and fragrance neutral. This means that the beverages you drink from a glass bottle will not have an aftertaste of the bottle itself, nor will any liquids within a glass bottle have a ‘chemical’ smell from the bottle itself.

As you can clearly see, glass bottles are the better choice compared to plastic bottles for a wide range of environmental and health reasons.

Contact Nomara Organics

To learn more about the environmental and health benefits of choosing glass bottles over plastic, contact Nomara Organics and shop a wide selection of high quality glass bottles today.

If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.