Suffolk Nutrition & Health Ltd is fully committed to safeguarding any sensitive information we hold, especially where it relates to the personal identification of individuals, fulfilling our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
The policy also explains how you may identify what information we hold about you, and how to go about identifying, amending or deleting it.
What personal information we collect
We only collect data necessary to deliver our services to our customers.
Personal data we collect and hold about about you includes:
- Your name
- Your invoicing / delivery address
- Your email address (if provided)
- Your telephone number (if provided)
- Records of your past communication with us (if applicable)
- Personal data provided by you within any forms or surveys you complete (if applicable)
Why we use your personal information
We collect and hold personal information about you in order to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into with you
- Send you further information about the services we provide, or notify you of any changes to these services
- Respond to any communication from you, and provide you with information that you request from us
- Detect any misuse of our services or systems
- Comply with any court order, law enforcement, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
Safeguards put in place to protect your personal information
Personal data that you provide is only accessed by Suffolk Nutrition & Health Ltd, and trusted third parties appointed to process your data on our behalf who act as 'sub-processors' (for example, the website hosting company and the various parcel delivery agents that we use).
We only share your personal data with third parties as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out within this document. Any third parties with whom we share your data act only in accordance with our documented instructions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purposes besides those which they have been specifically contracted for. We make every effort to ensure any third party sub-processors we use have implemented controls necessary for keeping personal data secure and confidential, and are compliant with GDPR and other applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
Suffolk Nutrition & Health Ltd may, at its discretion, disclose your personal data to meet legal obligations or respond to any valid government or regulatory request; prevent or mitigate fraud to technical issues; protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Suffolk Nutrition & Health Ltd,; or to prevent or stop any activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties or share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We implement all necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure personal data you provide to us is held and treated securely, and to mitigate the risk or loss, misuse or alteration of this data.
Where you have been assigned (or chosen) a password to access certain parts of our website of applications, you are responsible for keeping this confidential.
How you may identify what personal information we hold about you
Suffolk Nutrition & Health Ltd.’s website uses "cookies", which are strings of information placed on your device that your device serves back to our website each time you return. For full details, please visit our Cookies page.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of information we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct information that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the information we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
How to go about identifying, amending or deleting your personal information
If you wish to request access to, rectification or erasure of personal data we hold about you, or you wish to raise an objection to our processing activities, you can do so at any time by contacting us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Suffolk Nutrition & Health Ltd., 160 Hadleigh Road, Ipswich IP2 0HH - United Kingdom
Requests for erasure of personal data will only be honoured to the extent that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your information in order to provide services to you or meet our legal and contractual record keeping requirements.
We reserve the right to refuse to change or erase data if doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect. In the event that we refuse a request made by you, we will provide you with a reason why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
You also have the right to make a complaint about our processing activities with the supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data in the country where you live, or in which you think a breach of data protection laws might have taken place.
The majority of Suffolk Nutrition & Health Ltd.'s processing activities take place in the United Kingdom, and so our lead supervisory authority is:
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)